GENE – Global Education Network Europe – is the network of Ministries and Agencies with national responsibility for Global Education in European countries. GENE brings together Ministries, Agencies and other bodies that develop national policy and provide funding for Global Education in European countries. Ministries and Agencies participating in GENE combine their expertise through structured networking, sharing strategies, and a peer learning approach that leads to enhanced results nationally.
GENE works towards the day when all people in Europe will have access to quality Global Education.
The network achieves this vision incrementally. It accomplishes its mission by:
- Bringing together Ministries and Agencies regularly, through Roundtables;
- Networking members and providing a platform for sharing of their strategies;
- Engaging in peer learning, including facilitation of the European Global Education Peer Review Process;
- Supporting members through advice, training/capacity building, briefing and policy support;
- Engaging in policy research, supporting common projects, emphasising a focus on quality.
Starting in 2001 with 6 national institutions from 6 countries, GENE has now grown to facilitate the sharing of policy learning between over 40 Ministries and Agencies and other bodies from over 25 countries, through the regular GENE roundtables and networking mechanisms.
Global Education Network Europe (GENE) receives funding from the European Union. The contents of this website are the sole responsibility of GENE and can in no way be taken to reflect the views of the European Union.